Skip to main content

bABA

From A One-room Company To A Mega Company (1)

Here is a story of a woman, Ononye Chioma, MD of Ranks West Africa
Limited (a food processing Company) and how she built Ranks West
Africa Limited from scratch to a highly competitive brand.
Ononye Chioma, a graduate of Applied micro-biology shares her
challenges, how she started,and her dreams in a story I got from The
Sun Newspaper, Titled "I started my business from one room -
Chioma,Ranks W/Africa", published on September 12,2015 and I want to
share it with you. Today,the company can boast of over seven products
and large staff strength but it all started in a one room apartment,10
years ago.
When asked about how she started her company. She said "I started
searching for jobs like most graduate in Nigeria, after I graduated in
2002 and completed my youth service in Kogi State. I applied to
several places but nothing was forthcoming. Later, I was employed in a
food processing company as the quality control manager, or so I
thought. Unknown to me that the company in question needed me to be
part of their organisation because of my qualification to enable them
to obtain their National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and
Control (NAFDAC) registration number. After which, they started acting
funny, I had no choice but to move on. I continued my search in the
labour market till God inspired me to go into food production and
processing business which I started from one of my rooms. Officially,
we took off in 2004. We started with the production and processing of
whole wheat flour and rice flour. By the end of 2005, we moved the
company to a bigger apartment and then invited NAFDAC for inspection
and registration. After NAFDAC registration, we started producing more
products like the unripe plantain flour which was also registered."
She talked about their products and how the products are doing in the
market and also mentioned the products they have added. She continued
"Presently, we have added six products since we started and these
products are borne out of quality research. Most of our products are
borne out of the desire to meet specific needs, which was why we began
to research on grains to meet particular health needs. Some of these
products are beans flour, plantain flour, soya meal, ofada rice,
breadfruit and local wheat. The local wheat is no longer in the market
because the price used in manufacturing it is very high compared to
the imported one, so its production and processing could not strive
competitively in the market. Most of our products are tailored to meet
the needs of different people in the society, for instance our bean
flour is convenient for women, especially working class women. In a
moment, you can prepare beans cake or moi-moi. It also serves as a
soup thickener; as they don't have to go through the process of
washing and removing the peels and we are NAFDAC certified."
Your dreams are achievable,launch out today. God bless you.
To be continued....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 23 In Pidgin Version

Finally the new NIGERIA PIDGIN ENGLISH BIBLE is out. one of the popular chapter is psalm 23, which reads : 1. The Lord na my shepherd, i dey kampe... 2. E make me sidon for where betta dey flow and come put me next to stream make mai bodi thermacool... 3. E panel beat mai soul come spray am white, come dey lead me dey go through express road of righteousness sake of Him name. 4. Walahi!, if I waka pass where arm robber, 419 and juju people boku, come even join boko haram reach valley of the shadow of death sef,mai bodi dey inside cloth. Your rod and staff nko ? Na so dem dey like back bone dey comfort me. 5. You don prepare good foodon top d table make I chop. All mai enemies dey look waa waa. You rub me for head wit vaseline intensive lotion. mai cup na River Niger wey overflow hin bank. 6. True true, betta life and mercy go gum mai back till I quench. And man pikin go tanda for God house from lai lai to lai lai. GOD ALMIGTHY NA YOU BIKO AMEN. ‪#copied

Admission Admission Admission!!!!

Kabba college of Agriculture Ahmadu Bello university/Division of Agricultural colleges. Km 2 Ilorin Road,Kabba, Kogi state  Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for Admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND), National Diploma (ND), Preliminary National Diploma (Pre-ND) and Certificate Course in the following Programmes:-  HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGAMMES Higher National Diploma Agricultural Extension and Management Higher National Diploma Crop Protection Technology Higher National Diploma Horticulture and Landscape Technology All Candidates seeking Admission into any of our Higher National Diploma Programs must possess certificate in National Diploma in Agricultural Technology, Agricultural Engineering Technology, Animal Health and Production, Home and Rural Economics or relevant NCE qualifications from recognized institutions NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES National Diploma Agricultural Technology National Diploma Horticulture Technology Entry requirements in